Chalermchai Intarasupa is the Executive Partner of CICS. His practice centers on corporate and financial services. His principal areas of practice are M&A, commercial, and tax related transactions, including arbitration and labor agreements.
He provides legal counsel on taxation, government contracts, and general commercial practice. He has extensive experience in tax litigation.
As well as extensive experience in advising on taxation matters, Mr. Intarasupa has substantial experience in contract drafting and review.
Mr. Intarasupa was a Visiting Lecturer, Dispute Resolution and Arbitration, at Dhurakijpundit University in May 1998, a Visiting Lecturer for the same subject at Naresuan University in May 2006, and a Visiting Lecturer, Business Law, at Khonkaen University (MBA) in 2008, and Mahidol University (MBA) in 2010.
Recent examples of his transactional experience include representation of:
- Berli Jucker Public Company Limited, one of the winning bidders, in the second round bid for the acquisition of the business operation in Thailand of the French hypermarket chain, Carrefour, from Cencar Limited, the current operator of Carrefour in Thailand. The value of the Thai assets of Carrefour is worth approximately Baht 16-19 billion. (Announced: September 2010).
- Berli Jucker Public Company Limited in the acquisition of all of the shares in Malaya Glass Products Sdn Bhd ("MGP") from Fraser & Neave Holdings Ghd. MGP is located in Johor Bahru, Malaysia and has subsidiaries in Thailand, China and, Vietnam (the "MGP Group"). The MGP Group has been a leading manufacturer of high quality glass containers for over forty-five years in Southeast Asia. (Closed: July 16, 2010).
- S.P. Building Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries in the purchase of 35 condominium units in Serm-Mit Tower Condominium, located in central Bangkok, from TPB (Thailand) Limited and JTK (Thailand) Limited. The transaction was valued at Baht 1.55 billion. (Closed: 24 December 2009).
- Muangthai Life Assurance Co., Ltd., Muangthai Group Holding Co., Ltd. and, the Lamsam Family, in the sale of approximately 41% of the shares in Muangthai Group Holding Co., Ltd. to KASIKORNBANK Plc. and its subsidiaries, which now holds 51% of the total shares in Muangthai Group Holding Co., Ltd. The transaction was valued at Baht 7.5 billion (approx. US$210 million). (Closed: November 30, 2009).
- Pan Alcohol Company Limited (a subsidiary of Thai Beverage Public Company Limited) in connection with its acquisition of 76% of the total shares in Carabao Daeng.
- Thai Beverage Public Company Limited in connection with its acquisition of 40% of the total shares in Oishi Group Public Company Limited from Yodkij Business Co., Ltd.
- Rayong Refinery Public Company Limited (RRC) in connection with the amalgamation of the company under chapter XII of the Public Limited Companies Act B.E.:2935 with The Aromatics (Thailand) Public Company Limited, in which Finansa Securities Ltd. and Phatra Securities Plc., acted as financial advisors to RRC.
- Berli Jucker Public Company Limited in connection with its acquisition of 50% of the total issued and outstanding shares in Thai Beverage Can Public Company Limited from Songvard Riverside Co., Ltd., CWS Co., Ltd., T.C.C. Industrial Park Co., Ltd. and Surasate Co., Ltd.
- National Power Supply Company Limited in its issuance of cumulative preferred shares by Biomass Electricity Co., Ltd., its subsidiary, to Deutsche Bank.
- TCC Agro-Industrial Company Limited in its acquisition of 81.12% of the total ordinary shares in Siam Food Products Public Company Limited in a buy-out deal from its major shareholder, Thai Food Pattanakij Co., Ltd.
- Express Asset Company Limited (Dunkin Donuts) in connection with its sale of shares to foreign investors.
- Rayong Refinery Public Company Limited (RRC) in a joint venture with The Aromatics (Thailand) Plc. (ATC) to construct and operate a reforming and aromatics complex. The transaction was valued at US$ 1.073 billion.
- Samart Corporation in connection with its sale of shares in Samart Info Media to Malaysian investors.
- The Social Security Office in connection with its intent to set up a labour bank.
- Energy Fund Administration Institute (Public Organization) (EFAI) in the domestic public offering of three tranches of US$660 million in unsecured bonds.
- Bangkok Airways Company Limited in connection with its intent to acquire shares in Thai Airport Ground Services. Company Limited (TAGS).
- Thai Tobacco Monopoly in connection with its corporatization, including legal due diligence and setting up of a new company.
- Provincial Waterworks Authority of Thailand in connection with its corporatization, including legal due diligence and setting up of a new company.
- Metropolitan Waterworks Authority in connection with its corporatization, including legal due diligence and setting up of a new company.
- Civil Aviation Training Center in connection with its corporatization, including legal due diligence and setting up of a new company.